Friday 12 August 2011

Jugend Archives: Now Online!

Jugend was a German art nouveau/illustration magazine, that ran from 1896 to 1940.

The magazine appears to deal with most artistic forms; illustration, design, performing arts, etc.
I would go as far as to call it the Creative Review of its kind, although it heavily bases itself around the Art Nouveau style, whereas Creative Review is arguably more modern and contemporary.

In any case, I have just received word that the entire run of Jugend is now archived online on the Heidelberg University site. I've had a quick look through and I have to say, the illustration work is quite nice.
Unfortunately, it's all in German, so I couldn't tell you what any of it means if you paid me.

Take a look for yourself here:

http://diglit.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/diglit/jugend

I just consulted my calendar, and rather surprisingly I still have about 4 weeks left of Summer. It feels like I've been away from uni for... years. Looking forward to getting back; there's only so much time you can spend at home, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment