Monday 7 May 2012

2nd Year: Editorial

Well, that's it. 2nd year is officially over. Handed in my work on Friday, after what I can only describe as 'the closest I've ever been to a full mental breakdown'. A word of advice, readers; printers are temperamental machines, and can very easily thwart your plans.
Good news is, I got everything in, after beating my printer into submission.
Bad news is... I seem to have lost my iPod. The last time I saw it was in this room, but everything from then to arriving at class is a blur. This comes as a great disappointment, as my iPod would have played a key part in my next personal project. I won't go into too much detail at the moment, but it is ground I have trodden on before, but not to this scale.

Anyway, I figure it's been a while since I've put up some work, so here you go.




These two are worked up pieces from the editorial project earlier this year, in which we were given an editorial article each day for a week, and had to have a rough for each one by the end of the day. We then chose two (three counting the one set by Ben Tallon) to develop into final pieces. Here are two I worked up in their respective templates.
I think editorial design may very well be my calling, as I enjoyed this project a LOT, probably as much as I enjoyed the 'issues and beliefs' project, which I felt the most emotionally invested in (it was campaigning against the fur trade, by the way).

I might upload more work from this year in the coming few weeks, along with stuff from the Summer brief we've been given, and anything else I stumble across on the way. Got a lot coming up this Summer; we've got Prometheus and Dark Knight Rises coming out, both of which look AMAZING... I have a number of conventions I'd like to go to, and last but not least, Morrissey in July. Cost an arm and a leg for a ticket, but it's Morrissey, so it's excusable.

Alright, I'll leave you folks to it. Until next time, farewell.

2 comments:

  1. Lee I can't access all your DD2000 posts can you check that you have made them all visible publicly?
    Thanks Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just had a look at it, and I think I've sorted it. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete